Our popular cycling tour hops from island to island using local ferries.
Included in the package is accommodation in a combination of beautifully situated hand-picked local hotels, the Old Town of Naantali, and the city of Turku, plus bicycle hire with panniers and helmets, a Route Information leaflet plus an electronic route as .GPX files, maps, 24 hour emergency service, and a luggage transfer option.
Your Money is Protected
The Travel Experience is registered with Kuluttajavirasto - the official Consumer Protection Agency in Finland - where we have, in accordance with Finnish law, deposited a bond which safeguards all pre-payments made by our public customers.
Company name: TTE-The Travel Experience Oy
Register number: 2799/08/Mj
For further information check here.
See also our other cycling tour The Coastal Route by Bike.
A beautiful route riding close to the sea
Check out our bikes ... and our happy customers. Read more below ...
Stay in hand-picked local accommodations
A regular ferry system links the archipelago islands like bridges. Read more below ..
Passing by a remote Finnish farm along the route. Read more below ...
• The Turku archipelago are one of Finland's most stunning natural phenomena – 20 000 islands stretching out into the sea from the city of Turku in the country's south-west.
• Cycling a circular route around the main islands is made easy, and exciting, by a system of local ferry services, constantly going back and forth acting like bridges.
• Picturesque harbour villages & the true peace of the nature.
• The cycling route starts and ends in Turku – the formal capital of Finland, and a bustling, attractive market town, and also the European Capital of Culture in 2011. With easy train connections to Helsinki, the tour can easily be combined with the Finnish capital.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL TO TURKU
Personal arrival to Turku, a bustling summer city on the south-west coast of Finland. There is a medieval castle and cathedral, and a wide selection of bars, cafes, and restaurants.
Overnight in Turku centre (breakfast)
DAY 2: TURKU - VELKUA (47 km)
Collect your bicycles and ride north-west and out into the countryside. The day's journey ends with 2 short ferry hops to your overnight island accommodation surrounded by the archipelago.
Overnight in Velkua (breakfast)
DAY 3: VELKUA - HOUTSKÄR (55 km)
Enjoy the beautiful island morning on the main island hopping day of the route, reaching the very heart of the archipelago. Cross the tiny island of Iniö before reaching Houtskär island for overnight.
Overnight on Houtskär island (breakfast)
DAY 4: HOUTSKÄR TO KORPO (20 km + ferry between
hotels, + additional cycling according to own wishes)
There is one relaxing ferry journey today between 2 of the biggest of the archipelago islands. Its 20km riding distance between the overnight hotels but there are various possible ways to get extra cylcing in for those who wish.
Dinner tonight is a 5 course local tasting menu in the highly-regarded hotel restaurant.
Overnight on Korpo island (bed & breakfast + dinner)
DAY 5: KORPO - NAANTALI (57 km)
Cross over to Nauvo, the main archipelago island. Nauvo village has a bustling harbour.
Take the ferry north back to the mainland and continue by bike to Naantali, an idyllic seaside village with cobbled streets and old wooden houses around a bustling harbour.
Overnight in Old Town, Naantali, with plenty of local restaurants to choose from for dinner
DAY 6: NAANTALI-TURKU (14 km)
Free time in Naantali, or in Turku according to your preference. Short ride back to Turku. Return your bicycles.
Overnight in Turku centre , bed and breakfast
DAY 7: Personal departure from Turku
All accommodations have private bathrooms. City centre locations in Turku at the start and end of the tour make it easy to arrive and depart. Beautiful natural locations in the archipelago combine with a stay in the old town of Naantali where you can choose a restaurant for dinner from a range in the harbour area.
This is a self-guided cycling tour. Each guest will receive full route details, plus ferry timings, but there is no guide included. On most departures there will be other guests cycling the same route.
Due to a small chance ferry timetables may change we reserve the right to amend the dates and/or tour route and accommodations.
We hand-pick the best available accommodation. Our route is a combination of the best of everyting in the area. You get to stay in the most beautiful natural surroundings with dinner cooked by your hosts, but you also get to experience picturesque harbour villages with a choice of excellent local restaurants, and to stay in the heart of Turku.
You are well taken care of : our tour includes a luggage transfer option, detailed route notes, and a 24 hour emergency contact.
JUNE 12, 26
JULY 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
AUGUST 7, 14, 21
-- Tour operators please contact us for commission arrangement --
850 EUR per person sharing twin/double room (1700 EUR per ROOM)
1315 EUR single room for single traveller
- 6 nights accommodation with breakfast
- 2 dinners (3 course and 5 course)
- 24-speed hybrid bicycle with panniers, repair kit, pump, helmet, phone holder
- All necessary island ferry fees
- Cycling road map (1 for up to 2 persons)
- Route Information leaflet
- Route in electronic .GPX format
- 24 hour emergency phone service
- Free luggage storage at start/end hotels OR optional luggage transfer
- 155 EUR per person supplement for Electric Bike
- LUGGAGE TRANSFER extra optional luggage transfer - price per piece minimum 2
310 EUR (minimum 2)
Extras possible on request:
• Extra nights in Turku
• Train tickets between Helsinki and Turku
• Accommodation in Helsinki
• Combine this tour with our "Coastal Route by Bike"
Innovative programmes across Finland.
Complete Conference services.
Total meetings service throughout Finland.
Tailor-made programmes for groups.
Packages and Helsinki tailor-made service.
Official handlers of TVs and Special Interests in Helsinki.